Here is a list of some of the frequently asked questions. If your question is still unanswered, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How does my Subscription work if I signup for a limited plan?
- The app works like your local library. Your
subscription plan determines how many books you are allowed to checkout
each month. Let's assume that your plan allows you to checkout 10 books
each month. Once you have checked out 10 books, you can no longer get
any more books until the Next Exchange period. On or after the Next
Exchange period, which is also shown on your Settings screen, you can
return the current books in your My Library and checkout new ones from
the Bookstore. You may return books from your My Library anytime but you
won't be able to checkout new ones if your My Library is full or if you
have reached your checkout limit. The Next Exchange period is determined
based on your subscription date. For example, if you subscribed on May
12th, then your Next Exchange period will be June 12th. Remember that
limited plans can only be signedup from the website.
- How does my Subscription work if I signup for an unlimited plan?
- When you signup for an unlimited plan, you can read as
many books as you need each month. To read a book, you'll have to add it
to My Library by tapping on the green + icon. You may remove the book
from your library at any time and new ones.
- How do I add books from the Bookstore?
- To add a book from the Bookstore, tap on the green +
icon found on the top corner of each book. If you don't see this icon,
you are either not signed in or not subscribed. Please visit the
Settings screen to see the status of your subscription and sign in. Your
Subscription is valid and active if you see the following on the
If you don't see valid entries for the above, then
your subscription hasn't gone through or has expired. Please see "I
tapped on Subscribe and I saw a message about Parental Controls." FAQ
below if you tried to signup as a new user.
- Subscription Plan: A plan name that you recently signed up to.
- Subscription ends on: A valid date in the future
- Do I need an internet connection to access my books?
- You'll need an internet connection to browse through
books in Bookstore and add it to My Library. Once they are completly
downloaded, you don't need an internet connection to listen to them.
- Are the books being downloaded every time I listen to them?
- If you listen to a sample from the Bookstore, they are
being downloaded each time but if you are accessing a book in My
Library, then you are downloading them only once and playing it from
your local device henceforth.
- Will I have access to the books once my subscription expires?
- No. You will have access to the books for only as long as your subscription is active. All boks in your My Library (including the downloaded) books will stop working once your subscription expires.
- I subscribed on the web via Paypal. How do I cancel my auto-renewing subscription?
- If you subscribed from our website and chose a monthly
recurring plan, you may cancel at any time by visiting the My
Subscriptions page. Your subscription will be active till the end of the
current billing cycle and your payment method will not be charged in the
- Do I get a refund if I cancel my subscription?
- No refunds are issued for canceled subscriptions. If
you purchased via in-app purchase on the iPad, please see Apple's policy
in the "IN-APP SUBSCRIPTIONS" section at http://www.apple.com/legal/itunes/nz/terms.html#SALE
- How often do I get charged?
- If you subscribed to a monthly plan, then your card
will be charged every month. If you subscribed to a non-renewable plan,
the billing happens only once and your subscription will not be renewed.
- Who manages my billing?
- Your billing is managed by iTunes if you made an
in-app purchase.If you made a purchase on the website, then your billing
is handled by Paypal. StoryTruck does not receive any credit card
information from either iTunes or Paypal.
- I subscribed from the app. How do I cancel my auto-renewing subscription?
- Please see this knowledge base article on iTunes. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4098
- From your device's Home screen, tap App Store.
- Tap Featured the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Tap the Apple ID button in the lower-left corner. (If you are not
signed in, tap the Sign In button, and sign in with your Apple ID. Then,
scroll back to the bottom of the page, and tap the Apple ID button.)
- Tap the View Apple ID button.
- Enter your password and tap OK.
- From the main account page, scroll down and tap Manage App
Subscriptions. If you don't have app subscriptions this button will not
- From the Manage App Subscription page on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod,
tap the app that you would like to manage.
- Depending on the app, you'll have the option to manage different
- What does the Restore option in the Settings screen do?
- The Restore button is required by Apple to enable you
to use your purchases on all your devices. Because StoryTruck manages
your subscription information on the server side and will allow you to
sync your library on all your devices by simply signing into the
Service, the Restore button informs you of this feature.
- How do I subscribe? I only see a Sign In button
- We are working to enable in-app purchase in Android. Until then, you can subscribe on our website and then use the login credentials on the app to download the books.